
Today's outfit is for clinical work again, but much more fun.
I did not make the blouse. Elizabeth gave it to me. She made it from a vintage pattern, and I had admired it on her blog (there is a very cool yoke), and whilst I was in London, trying on all her clothes, she decided that the fabric was not her best colours. I was not about to argue with her! I feel quite spoilt wearing this.
The trousers are new. I am in chronic need of work trousers, and one of the reasons for participating in Self Stitched September was to aim at no more than 2 views of a pair of work trousers per week. This meant I had to make some.
The pattern is Burda World of Fashion 4-2009-118, which I have used several times before. The fabric is a medium weight cotton gabardine from Michael's Fabric.
I have added a few details. The facing and inner pocket are quilting cottons.

The buttons, tabs and waistband are my token nod to the military trend.
I liked the waistband inner pocket in my travel trousers, finding it very practical and non-hip enhancing, so I have put one in my work trousers.

.
I plan to make a few more pairs this month.
Very fun details!
ReplyDeleteI like the way you used the belt loop to fold over the waistband and hold the pocket in place, very innovative! Those pants have a nice leg shape, nice and wide. All their recent pant patterns seem to be very tapered and very skinny which is not a great look for me, I must look this one up.
ReplyDelete... sigh, my next Burda installment is going to be a long way off as the importer/distributor is based in Christchurch so goodness knows when my next fix will arrive..
I noticed the belt loop detailing too. Its great. Curious about the clinic work, I imagine you beating your way through the north Queensland jungle to perform a medical miracle.
ReplyDeleteLOVE that waistband pocket. Appeals to me, when you get to chance to say a bit more about it I would love to hear it.
ReplyDeleteThat waistband pocket is very cool. Must remember in case I ever get around to making pants.
ReplyDeleteNice keyhole buttonhole - you're not really beating through the jungle are you?
ReplyDeleteYour trousers look great. I love those details, it makes them very unique!
ReplyDelete