Friday, 15 February 2008
Jalie sweetheart top
I am going kayaking this weekend, which is interrupting my sewing schedule. Today I made this Jalie sweetheart top as a trial for my daughter's SWAP. You can see that it was a great success, and is a such a good trial that I do not think I need to make another one for the SWAP. I used a mystery knit, navy and white stripes, given to me by my mother's quilting group. The contrast bands are a scrap of navy technical wicking polyester. I made size O, with the hips scaled out to a P. I deliberately made it a little bigger than her measurements as the reviews of this pattern suggest it is a little tight. I think it is a tiny bit too big for her, but she is not getting any smaller. I altered the cap sleeves to a straight sleeve, as in my opinion the stripes need to finish on a straight edge for this fabric. She is wearing the top with her navy capri pants from Simplicity 5220. My next project will have to be one for my SWAP.