Friday 15 February 2008

Jalie sweetheart top


I am going kayaking this weekend, which is interrupting my sewing schedule. Today I made this Jalie sweetheart top as a trial for my daughter's SWAP. You can see that it was a great success, and is a such a good trial that I do not think I need to make another one for the SWAP. I used a mystery knit, navy and white stripes, given to me by my mother's quilting group. The contrast bands are a scrap of navy technical wicking polyester. I made size O, with the hips scaled out to a P. I deliberately made it a little bigger than her measurements as the reviews of this pattern suggest it is a little tight. I think it is a tiny bit too big for her, but she is not getting any smaller. I altered the cap sleeves to a straight sleeve, as in my opinion the stripes need to finish on a straight edge for this fabric. She is wearing the top with her navy capri pants from Simplicity 5220. My next project will have to be one for my SWAP.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: