Wednesday 18 June 2008

Comfort sewing

 
I made this yesterday for my husband, because he has a cold. I was strongly influenced by Robin Denning, of blog " alittlesewingontheside", who made a beautiful silk charmeuse nightshirt for her daughter, whilst her daughter was unwell. This is not quite in the same sartorial category, but I thought it might help the sufferer. Once again this project is not a June Capsule item, nor is it stash reduction. I am not doing too well with my self imposed sewing commitments!
 
I have used this pattern many times, always for the robe. My husband's robe is a size large, and made of not terribly nice polarfleece from Spotlight. I have previously made the robe in size small for my daughter (waffle pique cotton x1 and polar fleece x1) and a small-medium for myself (waffle pique cotton). It looks very nice with piping around the collar in the pique cotton, but this is just about invisible in polarfleece, so I did not use it for this version. It is a quick easy project made like this, it took about 2 hours including cutting out and changing threads.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: