Thursday, 12 June 2008
The last 2 items I have made for her are tank tops/vests from Simplicity 9461. I made these a little longer. The beige tank has a contrast border, sewn double to the right side, turned in then topstitched. I have also embroidered a heart motif to the front. She likes this one much better than the pink one, which is made pretty much to the pattern, with the edges turned in and topstitched. I have topstitched in a zigzag, and gone over it 3 times to give a strong constrast. She is keen for me to embroider this one as well. I am thinking about it, but not very hard.
I did not make all of the items, these knit pants were made by my daughter.