Next up, the sleeve. In my first toile, the sleeve fit was truly terrible. Fortunately adjusting the shoulder a little more improved the situation, but my immediate reaction to the sleeve in its merely lengthened (10cm), sleeve cap heightened (1.5cm), rotated (2.5cm) and slightly tapered form, was that I had a bit more work to do.
I pinned out a lot of the sleeve width, and made some more alterations - following instructions in Claire Shaeffer's Couture Sewing Techniques book. I took about 2cm off the back curve, and let out the sleeve head by another 1 cm.
I then cut up the sleeve, made a new pattern, and was perplexed to find that the sleeve seemed to be rotating peculiarly from about the biceps.
Fortunately, I had only unpicked this version and re-drafted the sleeve before I realized that I had cleverly sewn in version 3 backwards, and when redrawn according to version 2, and sewn in the right way, version #3B was not too bad, so long as I only looked at the bit above the elbow.
Leaving the question of whether or not to include elbow darts for another day, when I am feeling stronger, I undertook a little light relief.
See, I can sew. Almost instant new pyjamas for a sleepover at Grandma's.
The pattern is from Burda Style 11-2009.
I have used the same top as last years pyjamas, lengthened (#134), but the shorts are a longer version, #132. I feel better now.