I have delved into the bulky polar fleece under the bed again. It is a great relief to me whenever I manage to sew something from this pile, as I am guilty of considerable overpurchasing from Seattle Fabrics.
This version of Jalie 2795 is for my younger daughter. (I have made it twice previously, review here). She did not want the hood, having a flamboyant hat with ear flaps that she likes to wear in cooler weather.
I have used a nasty cheap polar fleece scrap from Spotlight for the contrast inner collar lining and the "welt"pocket. The outer Polartech200 is so thick that the skimpiness of the Spotlight version where the fabric is doubled actually becomes a good thing.
This jacket is nicely drafted and has very good instructions. My best trick in the construction is to stabilize the front edge with woven selvage before applying the zip. I also rather like the addition of a zipper pull. Jalie has these on their photo, but not in the instructions. I used a print scrap, for prettiness. I also tried some machine embroidery on the pockets, but this has been completely lost in the bulk of the fabric. I briefly considered applique of ribbon over this error of judgment, but managed to overcome the urge (it was only a weak urge) when I could not find anything that matched in my scrap bag.
I am afraid that this sort of sewing falls into the not-very-interesting-but-quite-useful category. There has been a lot of this sort of sewing here lately. I am about to break out and sew something extremely frivolous - after I clothe everyone at my house for a cold weather camping trip. Sigh.