Saturday 11 July 2015

Retrospective, mini wardrobe

You might have noticed that I've not been blogging lately. Primarily, this is because I have not been sewing quite as much, yet my sewing output has been greater than my blogging, so I've a few out of date things to show you  a mini collection sewn earlier to write about.
These garments were sewn/knit for my older daughter, loosely according to the seasonal 6pac series planned by the fabulous Dr.E.
minipac

I started with a white t shirt, there is hardly any harder working garment in a young woman's casual wardrobe. This one is from Burda Style 11-2014-113, but without the undersleeves.
DSC04555
DSC04532


That might be why I made 4 of these, one for each daughter, and one each for my two eldest nieces, who (gasp) are now approaching regular Burda sizes, this up to date t shirt required only minor tweaking to work for young teenagers (some shortening and side seam slimming), whilst for my daughters I used the size 34 provided in the magazine. I used a robust cotton/lycra knit from Stretchtex for all four t shirts. I particularly liked the self fabric band at the hips, which is not only fashionable,  but meant that I didn't have to get out my coverstitch for hemming.

The t shirt is shown  with a RTW pair of mint green shorts, purchased by my daughter, which were the provoking factor for the mini collection.
DSC05147

Next up, naturally, was another top, this time another variation of the marvellous free Sorbetto pattern. I've made several of these previously. The fabric is an allegedly Liberty tana lawn (but no liberty name in the selvage), which despite its doubtful provenance is a lovely light fabric for a little summer top.
DSC05145

To actually transform these tops to a collection, the next item was Burda Style 03-2011-131 lavender drill shorts you've already seen, picking up the lavender in the print.
DSC05164

Followed by the self drafted crinkly woven singlet top you've also seen previously.

 DSC04723
There was also this white sundress with pink and green in the border that I showed you a while ago too (self drafted, fabric is a 1950's sheet).

DSC05169

Taking much longer to complete, was the transitional piece, a casually loose jumper, knit from Sublime soya cotton, from a Sublime soya pattern book. Its an easy pattern, but my knitting is not terribly fast.

This jumper not only works with the shorts outfits and over the sundress, but transitions the tops to autumn/subtropical winter garments by also working with jeans.

DSC04388

The accessory was sewn by my daughter. Vogue 2907

3 bottoms (2 purchased)
3 tops
1 dress
1 overlayer
1 accessory =  a wardrobe boosting mini collection.
If only I had been so organised for Winter......


6 comments:

Fabrickated said...

Gosh, what a lot of work. Especially the gorgeous knitted jumper Karen. I love it. The whole set is so fresh and lively. Very wearable and modern. Just great. I love the hat too. Super.

liza jane said...

What a lucky daughter you have! The sweater is beautiful. Lover her hat, too!

Sharon said...

Your daughters wardrobe looks very wearable and she has a wonderful style.

Sewtime said...

All very nice, but that jumper is just perfect. I want one!

Gail said...

You've been very productive. I love the khaki green long sleeved teeshirt.

lakaribane said...

I'm only reading your post today, only to discover we did the same thing to that raglan tshirt, LOL! Great minds! I love the wardrobe, very summery yet stylish.