I found that my silk/cotton batiste dress, self lined, wore out more quickly than the cotton lawn version, although I actually wore the cotton lawn version dress more often, as it was both cooler and more casual.
This time, I used silk/cotton batiste for the outer fabric (Fabric.com, about 2013), and lined the dress with cotton voile. Not only am I very pleased with the way the blue colour shows through the print of the transluscent outer fabric, but I am hoping that the choice of lining fabric improves the longevity of the garment.
I also used french seams on the lining, and did not interface the waist section at all, as my outer fabric is translucent, and I wanted to preserve the floaty appearance of both fabrics. (You can also see here that I am not terriby vigilant when ironing linings)
Unfortunately, I failed to read my own review of the pattern, and had forgotten that I made a smaller, size 8 bodice on my second version of the dress, so the bodice is a little too big on my current dress, just as it was on my first version. The shoulder slippage this causes is easily managed with lingerie keepers at the shoulders, and the floaty appearance of the dress is in keeping with a slightly oversized look, at least that's my story! It was a rather windy day when we took the photographs, so you can see exactly how floaty the dress can be :)
I wore this dress to the fancy dinner we had for my daughter's 21st birthday, and felt correctly dressed for the occasion, so I'm happy with this project despite a slighty worry that my tendency to use old favourites might make my wardrobe a tad out of date. There is nothing like a few pattern repeats to restore the sewing confidence.