Tuesday, 29 January 2008

FBA research, wrap top findings

Today was only a tiny sewing day. I marked all the seams on the V2925 jacket toile, unpicked a bit, then spent the evening reading old Australian Stitches articles, searching sewing sites and reading blogs to look for nice diagrams of a french dart full bust adjustment. I found several verbal descriptions but no nice pictures. I did, however, find out how to fix the FBA on the Butterick wrap top, at Sewing Divas, and also how to stabilize and press the french dart, also at the Sewing Divas (I was reading just a trifle off the topic, what a great blog)


I am reasonably pleased with my research. I think I may need to make the toile with a little more ease, particularly in the sleeves, so will adjust these as well as the french dart as my next step in the jacket. If this gets too much, I will make a trial of the mandarin collar top for my daughter's SWAP - it works quite well having 2 project streams.

No comments: