Sunday, 27 January 2008
More junior SWAP
I was tired of working on the toile for V2925 jacket today, so I worked on my daughter's Swap for a while. I made her a dress from a vintage Butterick pattern, I have taken a photo but will post it later. We were very pleased with it. It is a fitting plan for a chambray top with a smocked insert, but as I have used a navy print with red and pink strawberries, the dress can now be a reserve item for the SWAP, should I run out of things to sew. I have also started a shirred baby doll top for my DD in pale pink cheesecloth, I trimmed it with a quilting cotton print, which should give a bell curve to the top. I am using the button hole foot to do the shirring, which is a new attempt for me. Before I read the instruction book for my Husquavana sewing maching, I had been shirring by hand winding the bobbin with elastic. The c foot method seems much more successful already. My plan is to do some serious unpicking of the jacket tomorrow, as Debbie Cook has kindly given me some advice about adjusting the french dart. However, we have an Australia day long weekend party to attend tomorrow, and I have a feeling that this will significantly cut in to my sewing time.