Sunday 16 March 2008

smocked angel wing bishop

 
 
I did not sew today, as we attended our niece's christening. I was pleased and flattered that my sister in law had dressed her baby in one of the outfits I made as her Christmas present. My sister in law selected this style of dress from Australian Smocking and Embroidery, after I had told her of my plans for the present. She asked that I make her a short pink dress. I made the dress and bloomers from pale pink imperial batiste. The smocking is my own design, in DMC stranded cotton. I used 2 shades of green for the smocking, 2 threads, and 3 shades of pink for the bullion roses, 2 strands. I had not made an angel wing sleeve bishop previously, as this is not a style that particularly appeals to me, but despite this I was very pleased with the outfit, and it is very suitable for our hot weather. The photographs are taken after my niece has been wearing the outfit for half a day, so I think it holds up pretty well to the active life of a 6 month old baby.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: