Thursday 27 March 2008

Trial Blouse McCalls 8584

 

I made the trial blouse last night, and put on buttons this morning. I am wearing it to work today to see how it acts in real life. Looking at the photo, I think it is a bit short to wear with pants, and will be better with a skirt. The length is due to my fabric limitations. I have used pleats below the raised waist in the front and back, and I like this effect. I have not put a button at the top, as it looks better under the jacket without the interruption to the neckline. The twisted braid at the waist is to distract attention from my inexact stripe matching. This is partly due to fabric limitations, and partly to the darts and pleats interrupting the stripes. I bound the neck and hem with self bias binding, and have added an underplacket to the centre front. I think this is a good base for a work blouse.
 

I have added a centre back inverted pleat as an "action back" to allow free arm movement. I am pleased with how this looks.

I looked at Eva's blog this morning, and she has made a great blouse with a flat sitting collar, no stand, that looks terrific with the jacket. This tempts me to try a collar on this blouse. I cannot decide whether to work on this tonight, or start on my daughter's jeans.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: