Monday 24 March 2008

ultra denim cardigan jacket

 
I finished this cardigan last week. It is a bulky cotton/wool yarn, sirdar ultra denim, and was very quick to knit. I plan to wash it and block it, but it is too wet today. I am wearing it over the v8305 ultra stretchy pants - this is the only way I will ever wear these pants - covered up. I am also wearing a singlet top made from the left over wool jersey. I used a burda pattern from 6/98. I bought this magazine yesterday from a second hand stall for 20cents - thinking I would like to try the fit of some burda before I receive my subscription, and envisioning the singlet as a winter underlayer. I got a real bargain. There are lots of basic patterns - t shirts, swimsuits, ling erie, skirts in the magazine. I can see myself using this a lot. The singlet fit well straight from the pattern, so I also made a t shirt.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LauraLo said...

My, you're fast! I like everything you made lately - the tops, the dress and this cardigan!

Nancy Winningham said...

Karen - I really love how your swap is coming together. I just found your blog and will be adding it to my bloglines.