I made most of the dress today.My daughter is quite pleased with it, but she thinks it is a bit low cut. Our plan is to make a detachable modesty panel, probably in pink batiste, so that she feels comfortable wearing the dress alone as a sundress.
I used elastic between the back fabric and lining to ensure a close fit at the back, whilst allowing the dress to pull on over the head. I thought that this would allow faster drying time than either a zipper or a button placket.
The dress has a "secret pocket" in the seam line between the first and second tier. It fastens with 2 buttons and loops.
I was pleased with the neckline. It was drafted to mimic the neckline of the Jalie sweetheart tops, and I think this was successful, as it looks good over both the t shirts, making the dress more versatile for travel. However, it was very difficult for me to not put in a bit of piping or embroidery!