Tuesday 2 September 2008

AS&E Issue 40 Boy's Jacket

I have been thinking about making this jacket from Issue 40 of Australian Smocking and Embroidery for quite a while.
 

I may have left my run a bit late. My son just turned 6, it is now Spring, and the weather will not be cool for much longer. I think this jacket will be a bit young for him next winter. However, I have finished the rooster insert, which is what he likes about the jacket. He has 6 pet chooks, and has requested that the opposite front pocket have a picture of a hen, rather than a lamb. He pointed out that the lamb is too small in comparison to the rooster anyway - and he is right.
 

I am off to draw up a smocking plate of a chook. This is much more fun than fitting jeans :).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Claudine said...

Wow! I love it. It's so pretty and boyish at the same time.

Diana said...

Double Wow!! You do beautiful work!And your children are so cute!
Diana