Last year my daughters made jester hats from polar fleece. They really enjoyed it, but a few weeks afterwards, my son complained that he did not have one, so I started to collect scraps for a boy version.
Being a bad and neglectful mother, I did not get around to finishing the hat, (I did not start until the end of August) and the warm weather beat me. However, in an attempt to redeem myself, I finished this off on the weekend.
I did not use a pattern for the hat, just 8 long strips with a triangle end sewn together to make 4 peaks. Each of the peaks has a few strips of polar fleece sewn in. The hat is reversible, with as many colours as we could squeeze in. He is quite happy with it, and it is lovely and warm with all those layers of polar fleece.
Below is a sneak preview of my next post. I started making BWOF 06-2009-102. I am not happy with it in this state, but (after dark - therefore no photos) I made some improvements. I am keen to make a second version with further adjustments, it is an interesting pattern. The ultimate plan is to make the dress version 101 in wool jersey for a dinner we are attending next Saturday - held in an unheated heritage listed building with 15 foot high ceilings, very drafty. I am hoping to be warm and reasonably dressed up, hard to pull off both at once!