I had to fix this problem straight away.
Here is the photograph of the Burda garment.
This photograph made me wonder what I was thinking when I traced out the pattern, but after I looked up my blog (How did I remember anything before I kept a sewing journal ?), I remembered that I had made a version of this for my older daughter in order to use up a very small piece of fabric, then traced it out for myself, as my daughter's top had used less than 70cm of fabric.
I wanted this garment to be a t- shirt substitute, just cooler and more grown-up looking. I made a square shoulder adjustment, did a full bust adjustment, raised the bust dart, added front darts releasing to the hips, and blessed my dress form.
It works perfectly - unless I want to hang up the washing
The sleeve pattern is quite unusual - last time I mistakenly used a sleeve from a different pattern and ended up with a gathered angel sleeve.
I may have placed the front of the sleeve too far down the armscye for free arm movement, or maybe you are only supposed to wear this top to cocktail parties where arm use is not required.
I used french seams, and hand sewed the hems and the bindings, as the machine stitches looked very coarse on the lawn.
I am planning another version with some sleeve tweaking.