Despite some joint Burda perusal, which was rather fun and gave us thoughts of fancy shirts with collar stands and funky details, and some serious mutual pattern tracing and cutting out, this blouse was the only thing I finished before she started work this morning. This may have something to do with hosting a 10 year old birthday party this past weekend and not considering that this might cut into my sewing time slightly. 10 year olds are a lot of fun but slightly exhausting en mass.
Could anything be more simple? Unfortunately it was not as simple as it looks. There is a FBA, square shoulder adjustment,waist shaping and severe fabric pinching in this little top. I added a side dart for the FBA instead of adding it to the gathers at the neck where the rest of the bust shaping lives.
Burda World of Fashion 10-10-118
You can see from the line drawing that there is supposed to be an attached scarf (on the bias) and much longer sleeves with a cuff. That is why Burda expected me to have over 2 metres of fabric. I squeezed the top from a cotton shirting remnant of about 60 cm and scraps. Scaling down to a size 34 probably helped with this, but the main thing that reduced the fabric consumption was making the bias binding for the neck finishing extra long and turning it into the neck fastening bow instead of the fabric hogging bias scarf (which I rather fancy).
When the top was finished, I thought it looked pretty dull on the hanger, but on the recipient, I think it is quite cute for an office junior.