I will have to return my sewing halo.
You have seen this a few times already ;). In fact I am pretty sure that I have made several versions of an identical skirt pattern from a Burda issue a year or so earlier, however, this one was traced in a size 36 from Burda Style 04-2010-118, as for some reason not unrelated to chocolate consumption I do not trace out a size 36 for myself.
My daughter loves the high waist on this one, but I have a post construction urge to somehow squeeze some boning in the upper side seams. I used a great crisp interfacing, but it is not quite sufficient by lunchtime.
The adjustments to the skirt pattern were minor. I added a lining, using the outer pieces, and did my fitting from the lining. Unfortunately this led to a slightly overfitted waist, as I had somehow forgotten that cotton batiste (lining) has less bulk than 2 layers of Viyella (skirt fabric, facing) and a layer of interfacing. Fortunately I had started to bind the seams with wide strips of bias cut cotton quilting fabric and was able to use most of the seam allowance to correct my fitting error. I then hand stitched the bias strips to the lining and mitred the corners at the back walking slit.
This fancy finish left me feeling rather smug, but the hem cured that nicely. I sewed it by hand whilst watching television and somehow made it crooked, so had to re do it in the morning, which is not a good idea, especially before the second cup of tea. It must have been payback for the smugness. Sewing does that.
I have recovered from this now, but it may be why the second skirt is still in the pipeline.