A journal of sewing, knitting and fabric collection.
Sunday, 22 June 2008
V7903 blouse fitting #2blouse again
I finished the second attempt at V7903 this morning. This blouse has the narrow shoulder adjustment and the "sway back" adjustment that I posted about a few days ago. Unfortunately, I have made a very foolish choice of fabric. This is a crinkle cotton that has been languishing in my stash for around 3 years. I bought it because I love the colour, but had not been able to decide what to make with it. It was a real nuisance to sew, as every horizontal seam grew under the needle as the crinkles flattened out. In addition, I was unable to fiercely press the seams and darts without distorting the fabric, and when worn, the blouse expands! This will make it very comfortable to wear whilst doing housework (note that the blouse may not be allowed out of the house due to lack of sartorial elegance, well maybe to do the school run if I am desperate. I am hoping that the hems will re-crinkle after washing, as they look stretched out to me at the moment. I do not think I will try crinkle fabric again and I think it is back to the cutting table for fitting.
The side view really shows the problems, despite all the darts, this blouse appears to hang on the bust. I do not need all this room for my belly. I appear to have dreadful posture here, and this is all the blouse's fault.
The back view looks a bit funny at the shoulders too. I am running out of fixing ideas.