Monday 7 July 2008

June Capsule, Vogue 8305 top and scarf

Elizabeth (ejvc) of Stitcher's Guild fame has put up the website for the June Capsule contest , and I am so slow, that I have not yet posted about the other 2 items in my entry. I promise this is the last gasp about my June Capsule. This top is Vogue 8305, made with a fabulously cosy wool jersey knit from Gorgeous Fabrics. It is slubby on the outside, and has a very soft hand. For the top, I have lowered the neck slightly, and made some fitting changes, including eliminating the back zip. I have reviewed this top at patternreview, when I made a rayon jersey version.
I am really pleased with my accessory, I originally made this wrap/scarf to wear with a silk jersey dress that I made in May, and was very pleased to find that it co-ordinated with my capsule fabrics. I had 3 balls of "velvet ribbon" yarn that I bought because I loved the texture and colour. I have lightened the colour of this photograph in the hope that you can see the texture, the real shade is a deep purplish burgundy that I think looks good with the more red tones of the knit tops, and perfectly matches one of the colours in the wrap top. I used 12mm needles and cast on around 40 stitches, and knit in garter stitch until I ran out of yarn. This scarf is light and warm to wear and very soft. My daughters keep stealing it.
My photographer was also acting as my stylist. She really likes this shot, and kindly lent me her glasses! Apologies to 60's style icons.

1 comment:

MareeAlison said...

The jersey knit you've used from Gorgeous Fabrics looks fantastic as does the top. I really like her fabrics and the way she suggests patterns to suit is a great idea.