Dear readers, Are you very tired of looking at V7903 (heavily modified) variations? I am rather tired of making them, but they are becoming lovely quick projects. I made this last one in several very short sewing periods after work this week. I also managed to put some buttons on the earlier version - all 19 of them.
The most recent version is terribly plain. No piping, no embellishment, just frivolous buttons. The fabric is a lovely cotton sateen from Ewan Gardam fabrics. I bought it in Brisbane City in January, so it is practically new fabric, almost raw in stash terms.
The fabric of the previous blouse is much less high class, and even more raw. It is a cotton quilting print from Stitch Bliss in Gympie. I thought it was rather fun for a blouse, and that I could get away with it for work without anyone picking that it was originally designed for quilting. I am now quite happy with the fastening - as Gwen commented, it is no longer a mistake (chopping off the facing at centre front for piping instead of a few cm to the side)but a design element :)
I am really, really hoping to finish another pair of Marlene pants by the midnight sewing cut off for the SWAP. I have had 6 months to get it finished, but I still end up working more to a deadline! I am the procrastination Queen.