The Slapdash Sewist has asked me for close ups of the 8-2009-117 blouse neckline, which I finished with a bias strip. This is not very neat work, but I am prepared to show it for someone with such a delightful blog, and a profile which I wish I had thought of first.
"..there are a lot of details that can be fudged, finessed, and finagled. I am all about the latter."
This neck finish is in that spirit.
The stitching shows a little from the outside
At the front neck opening, I turned back the selvage seam allowance and stitched it down by machine. This is covered by the flounce at the outside.
The neckline stitching is also hidden under the flounce. I am sure this was an easier than Burda's facing, and for a quick summer blouse, it will do!